One should take following precautions before coming for cupping therapy or hijama:–
- Come empty stomach or four hours after food .2 hrs after soft diet like idli , upma, dosa etc
- One and half hour after taking any type of liquid ,juices .
- Dont take any medicine before hijama specially blood thinners stop that one day before coming (i.e. 24 hrs gap will be enough)
- Dont take bath before hijama. if taken then one should wait for 2 hrs for hijama
- Cupping will not be done if the patient is sick or having fever,
- Cupping will not be done after recent surgeries , any types fractures, any other serious ailments
- For women during menses, pregnancy,immediate after delivery
- Note:-There should 40 days gap for normal delivery and for ceaserean section 3 months gap to perform hijama ,after any other surgeries and fracture same 3 months gap should be there for hijama .