Reishi mushroom is a fungus that some people describe as “tough” and
“woody” with a bitter taste. The fruiting body (above-ground part) and mycelium (filaments connecting a
group of mushrooms) are used as medicine.
Reishi mushroom is used for boosting the immune system; viral infections such as the flu (influenza),
swine flu, and avian flu; lung conditions including asthma and bronchitis; heart disease and contributing
conditions such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol; kidney disease; cancer; and liver disease. It is
also used forHIV/AIDS, altitude sickness, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), trouble sleeping(insomnia),
stomach ulcers, poisoning, and herpes pain. Other uses include reducing stress and preventing fatigue.
In combination with other herbs, reishi mushroom is used to treat prostate cancer.
Herpes-related pain. Some people report that hot water extracts of reishi mushroom decreases pain
when conventional treatment doesn’t work.
• Boosting the immune system.
• High blood pressure.
• High cholesterol.
• Viral infections.
• Prostate cancer.
• Heart disease.
• Asthma and bronchitis.
• Kidney disorders.
• Liver disease.
• HIV disease.
• Altitude sickness.
• Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
• Trouble sleeping (insomnia).
• Stomach ulcers.
Immune Booster and Regulator
Reishi has a double-direction activity. It significantly improves the functioning of the immune system
whether the immune system is deficient or excessive. It is thus called an immune modulator. Reishi
contains unique, rare polysaccharides which have been proven to increase the RNA and DNA in the
bone marrow, where the body makes B cells. Studies show that it promotes both B cells and T cells,
specialized cells that are a critical part of the immune system. Therefore, Reishi not only stimulates the
immune system, it regulates it. That is why this Reishi is beneficial for both the chronically ill and the
Promising research shows that Reishi helps regenerate the liver. In one study, mice were given a lethal
dose of the pain-killer, Indomethacin. In the control group, which received no Reishi, 90% of the mice
died. In the second group which received Reishi, 100% lived. The powerful compounds found in Wild
Reishi help to accelerate the clearance of drugs and chemicals that the liver stores, thus relieving free
radical activity and promoting cell regeneration. Reishi also helps to produce bile and fatty acid
synthesis more efficiently, which promotes faster detoxification of these chemicals from the body. Thus
making Reishi the ultimate Phase I and Phase II liver detoxification tonic.
Beating Chronic Hepatitis
Chronic hepatitis is very difficult to treat. This disease may plague people for years, slowly eroding their
health, often leading to premature death. Reishi contains a special factor, gandosterone, which has
strong antihepatotoxic activity and promotes rapid cell recovery. One study of people with chronic
hepatitis showed that Reishi was effective in 71 to 98% of the cases.
Key Uses for the Liver:
• When combined with Liver Complex, Reishi Immune provides ideal support to help the
body overcome immune-specific problems at the liver in the chronic phase. Recommended to take
12-24 capsules of Reishi daily for 4-6 months.
• In the acute phase it is recommended to use Coriolus first with Liver Complex, then
transition to Reishi (see Coriolus for more information on its use).
• Helps regenerate the liver; helps clear hepatits and other liver diseases.
• Because of its dramatic health effects on both the immune system and the liver, Reishi is
often used as the number one choice for Phase I and Phase II liver detoxification and support.
• Number one herb used in the Essential Liver/Gallbladder Flush
Reishi and Cancer
Reishi is an approved drug for some kinds of cancer in Japan and has been used safely and effectively,
often in conjunction with other drugs or radiation. It has been demonstrated that Reishi can help reduce
the side effects of many kinds of chemotherapy and radiation treatment and simultaneously contribute to
the rebuilding of the immune system-an essential part of the recovery from cancer.
Reishi has profound effects on the mind. Reishi is well known for its calming and mood-altering effect.
That’s why it’s a world-class herb to help clear depression. Impaired liver function, poor nutrition and
infection are often at the root cause of depression, anxiety and irritability.
Research from Japan has demonstrated Reishi’s ability to inhibit histamine release, therefore making it
potentially useful for allergies, including food and drug allergies, anaphylactic shock, atopic dermatitis,
hay fever, and hives.
The Source is Everything
Most Reishi currently on the market is commercially grown, solvent-extracted and often the wrong
species. Poor quality Reishi will not produce the powerful healing benefits as seen in the research. Wild,
mountain-grown Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) from the deep hills of Asia delivers the most ideal
Ingredients (each capsule contains):
Wild Reishi BlendTM (75 mg)
Chinese Reishi (raw concentrate, fermented mycelial extract and spore)(Ganoderma luc.)
Reishi Immune BlendTM (175 mg)
Bilberry (fruit)(Vaccinium myrtillus), Self Heal (leaf)(Prunella vulg.), Golden Thread (rhizome)(Coptis
chinensis), Guggul (resin)(Commiphora muk.), Blue Green Algea (whole)(Aphanizomenon flos-aquae),
Hyssop (leaf)(Hyssopus off.), Turmeric (rhizome)(Curcuma longa)
Other Ingredients: Stabilized Rice Bran, Vegetable Cellulose Capsules. Store in a cool, dry place.
VioliteTM Protected: Patent-pending dark violet bottle proven to block light between 450-720 nm, the
range which damages nutrients.
Ganoderma has 6 primary active ingredients
The only mushroom that contains all 6 of these powerful and health promoting elements is Ganoderma
Lucidum.Some mushrooms may contain one or more of these active components; however, only the
Ganoderma Lucidum mushroom contains all 6 of these components.
Polysaccharides (The Cleanser)
• Strengthens the natural healing ability of the body
• Reduces blood sugar levels and improves how the pancreas functions
• Helps clean out the body’s toxins
• Strengthens the body’s cell membranes
• Increases the oxygen-carrying-capacity of red blood cells
Organic Germanium (The Balancer)
• Increases the body’s oxygen content
• Balances the body’s electrical charges
• Helps to heal abscess cells by removing abnormal electrical charges
Adenosine and Lanostan (The Regulator)
• Reduces cholesterol level and the amount of free fat in the blood
• Reduces the level of blood lipid and stabilizes red cell membrane
• Reduces the level of platelet agglutination and enhances thrombosis
• Improves endocrine balance by increasing the function of the cortex of the adrenal glands
• Promotes a youthful energetic feeling by regulating the metabolism
• A Blood ph balancer
• Moderates blood sugars
Ganodernas – a Triterpene (The Builder)
• Gives it its bitter taste.
• Enhances the digestive system
• Anti-histamine that prevents allergies caused by antigens by inhibiting histamine releasing mast
• Reduces cholesterol and neutral fats
• Activates nucleus of body cells
Ganoderic Essence (The Regenerator)
• Helps in the treatment of skin diseases
• Helps as an external application on skin diseases, mouth ulcers and external wounds (also to stop
• Rejuvenates the body tissue.
Ganoderma also contains:
Beta-glucan complex sugars
Help prevent cancer by inhibiting the growth and metastasis of cancer cells
• Boost the immune system.
Return to the main page: Organo Gold Opportunity
For more on Ganoderma go to Health Benefits
Schisandra is a plant. The fruit is used as food and also to make medicine.